Pages

Monday

Gemma's Letter Poster Publication

My Good Friend Gemma who i studied with in my first year of fashion design at diploma goes to university in Leeds she is a graphic designer who is putting a Letter poster publication together to show the work of artists and designers from all over the world. She asked me to submit a piece which is what i arranged the shoot for shown on here a couple of weeks ago. I got the Letter F which is cool as i was doing the fashion side of the design industry! Here is the image in all its final glory! 


I was given a bunch of questions to answer for a profile on myself...

Name

Emma Box

Location 

Chatham, Kent

Subject field

Fashion

Inspirations?

Popular culture, Modern architecture, female sexuality, Op-Art, music and interesting people.

What are your design tools?

A Black fine liner, a mannequin, lots of fabric and my sewing machine!

Describe your style in three words.

Eclectic, Fun yet sleek  

What first drew you to design?

My first craft set from the early learning center then when I invested in fashion wheel I just new that was the direction for me… but on a serious note design was the only thing I ever wanted to do it gave me something to focus on and a way to express myself. Nothing else gave me as much satisfaction, I couldn’t imagine doing anything else. I just wouldn’t want to.

What is hanging on your walls?

Posters, Vinyl covers, inspirational quotes and photos to remind me of good times!

Place of escape? 

An evening alone in my room with incense, some good music and my own thoughts…

Who is your creative idol?

Hussein Chalayan never fails to amaze me!

Who has been the most influential person in your life?

My Nanna, she taught me a lot about life and in fact introduced me to sewing! She was a woman with great strength my true inspiration.

If you could be a colour, what would you be?

Electric Blue but ideally I would like to be black and white together, stripes!

Favourite word.

Serenity

If you could be anywhere right now, where would it be?

In a garden at nighttime, anywhere hot with the sound of running water and a clear sky with the moon as big as you could ever see it!

Favourite quote.

“Its your baggage that makes you who you are, you have to embrace it”

Check out Gemma's Blog and Myspace


No comments: